SolutionHealth hospitals are asking for assistance from the community, by way of medical supplies and care packages, to assist in protecting both patients and health care workers from the new coronavirus.
Items in need include:
- Disposable face masks
- N95 masks, sometimes called respirators
- eye protection, including face shields and safety goggles
- disposable gowns
- disposable gloves, especially non-latex
- disposable surgical caps
- disposable foot covers; wipes
- bleach or antimicrobial
- hand sanitizer
They’re also asking for care packages for hospital staffers who are exhausted and could use a boost. Items include
- snacks, candy, and cookies
- notes of inspiration and encouragement
Care packages should be packaged securely as they will need to be cleaned with disinfectant wipes before distribution.
You must be healthy to bring in donations. Donations will be accepted at two locations:
- Elliot at Rivers Edge, main entrance, at 185 Queen City Avenue in Manchester
- Southern New Hampshire Medical Center, entrance, at 1 Medical Center Drive.